Participate in Tranche Governance
SLICE is a governance token that enables community members to have a say in the direction of the protocol and its funds. SLICE holders control and govern the network. Holders propose and vote on proposals, modify different parameters, and are incentivized for doing so.
Tranche uses Snapshot, an off-chain, open-source, governance client for voting. Navigate to the Tranche Governance page to get started.
Tranche Improvement Proposals (TRIPs) allow holders to submit what they would like to change about the ecosystem. This can range from the rewards of the staking module, fixed interest rates, ecosystem incentives, treasury management, among others.
In order to submit a proposal, users must hold a minimum amount of 10,000 SLICE. Proposals should come in actionable form, proposing a specific course of action, in order to allow community members to vote for or against the proposal. In addition, proposals should be sufficiently detailed to allow them to be easily and efficiently implemented if successful.
Proposals must get at least a 20% participation rate, with a majority of the vote (over 50%) being in favor of the proposal.
- 2.Click on “Connect wallet” button in top right corner.
- 3.Connect with wallet provider where you hold relevant token.
- 4.Click on “New proposal” button at the project homepage.
- 5.Fill out the Title in accordance with project naming standard.
- 6.Fill out the large text field with your community proposal.
- 7.Select the desired voting options.
- 8.Now go to the “Actions” box.
- 9.Select the start date.
- 10.Select the end date (Allow enough time for voting).
- 11.Fill out the Snapshot block number (See below: Add a snapshot block number).
- 12.Click on “Publish” to create the proposal.
- 13.Sign the message via your wallet and you are done.
This number is important, to lock the state of community members who are able to vote. Meaning that if you attempt to vote on a proposal and block number is in the past, and you weren't holding required token yet, your vote will not be counted.
- You can click the "?" top right the snapshot website, and get the blocknumber from there.
- 2.Click on “Connect wallet” button in top right corner
- 3.Connect with wallet provider where you hold relevant token
- 4.Click on the option you want to vote for
- 5.Sign the message via your wallet and done
- 2.Type in which address you want to delegate to.
- 3.Type in the space key you want your delegation to take effect on. (If no space selected, effect will take place on all spaces) To delegate for Tranche only, use the space name: tranche.eth
- 4.Click confirm to save your delegation.
For more information, please refer to the Snapshot.Page documentation for instructions on how to create proposals and participate in a vote.